Pre-Inspection Checklist for Tampa area Home Sellers
This pre-inspection checklist for Tampa area home sellers is just a few of the items that are identified and reported by a standard home inspection. Keep in mind that there will be other items that the inspector will identify during an Inspection. The intent by completing these upgrades and repairs is to minimize the chance of last minuet negotiations that sometimes accompanies an Inspection Report, and can kill the deal. Have your home inspected to limit your liability and ensure a smooth sale.
- Repair drain leaks under cabinet areas, most times it requires only a minor adjustment to repair.
- Have all areas where drain and water supply lines protrude from the wall sealed. (Under cabinets) i Have dishwasher drain line installed where it loops to the highest point in the under sink area.
- Be sure that the disposal is free of any debris that could cause excessive noise and vibration. (Metal objects, bone fragments etc.)
- Check for functional flow of plumbing fixtures, shower heads, faucets. If for any reason the flow seems constrictive it could just be that the screen on the faucet has debris and needs cleaning. A slow flowing showerhead could just need cleaning or replacement.
- Check that all exterior doorknobs and locks for are in proper working order, repair or replace as needed. i Repair any doors that do not open and close easily, including the garage door.
- Check the auto-reverse sensitivity on the garage door opener by placing a paint can or similar object and closing door, when door hits the object, the door should not buckle it should immediately reverse, if it doesn’t than adjust the sensitivity adjustment screw until it works properly.
- Check weather-stripping on all exterior doors, replace or repair as needed.
- Check all built-in appliances for proper working order.
- Caulk all baseboards and the base of cabinets in kitchen and bathrooms.
- Verify that all window locks are working properly, repair or replace as needed. i Clean any signs of past or present rodent intrusions.
Remember to find a Tampa Certified ASHI Home Inspector prior to closing on your new Tampa area home. Links to other Independent Home Inspectors in Florida, and outside the state, can be found from our home page.